Monday, September 8, 2008

Scrap Orchard Designer Spotlight!

For all of September, Lauren and I are part of the designs in the 'Spotlight' at Scrap Orchard!

Just in case you would like to read a little more about me (and Lauren at her blog) here are the interview questions and answers...he he he

Brief Autobio (i.e. work, family, location, age, etc.)

I am a stay at home mom of 3 crazy kids! Mackenzie (boy age 11), Alexander (boy age 9), and Matney (girl age 5) they fill my life with love and chaos! My husband, Barrett is my love and my soldier. He has been in the Army for almost 21 years and is currently stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington. I am very proud of him and proud to be an Army wife!

Obligatory Design Questions

How long have you been designing?

I started designing in March 2007, doing t-shirt designs mostly. I started designing digital scrapbooking items in late November, 2007. I am absolutely in love with my digital ‘art’! There’s virtually NO mess!

What program(s) do you use?

I use PS CS3 for most of my designing but I use Illustrator for doodling.

What part of designing comes easiest to you (themes, colors, titles)?

My favorite part of designing is making paper! The possibilities are endless!

What part of designing is most challenging to you?

Definitely the elements are the most difficult! It is really tough to come up with something unique.

What inspires you?

Art, life, and nature inspire me.

What is your design style?

I don’t think that I really have a specific style. Maybe something like, whimsical and eclectic?

What does your workspace look like?

It is a bit on the cluttered side…I would love to say that it was organized but it isn’t! I think I know where everything is…I think!

Do you have any hobbies or interests aside from digital scrapbooking?

I love to paint, read, sew, crochet, cook and bake.

If you could be any color what would it be and why? Element? Texture? Style?

Color: red-it’s bold, warm and my favorite.

Element: a tag-small but can be used for something MOST important!

Texture: denim-comfortably casual.

Style: acrylic-smooth, see through, fun to make.

Which is your all-time favorite digiscrap design creation?

My favorite creation is the cluster border for Fern Gully. It was the first cluster that I put together with elements that I made all by myself! Seems silly but I love it!

Inside the Actors Studio Questions

What is your favorite word?

Artist

What is your least favorite word?

Can’t

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

5 minutes of quiet.

What turns you off?

A dirty house.

What is your favorite curse word?

F-bomb (I know…it is really bad!)

What sound or noise do you love?

My kids’ laughter.

What sound or noise do you hate?

My kids’ fighting.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

I want to be a movie star!

What profession would you not like to do?

Prison guard.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

I forgive you for everything! Welcome!

Off-the-wall Questions

What is your favorite fruit?

Strawberry (probably should say PLUM!)

Out of all your college experiences, what was the most fun?

The parties!

How many hats do you own?

Does a Cheesehead count as a hat? If so, then I have 3.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

I would love to have a witchy power that will have all my housework (including laundry) done in the twitch of a nose!

Your co-worker comes by your desk and sticks her tongue at you, what do you do?

I would stick mine out at her!

What is Eskimo ice?

What an igloo is made of.

What is your worst quality?

I can’t say NO. Isn’t that right Lauren?

If I came to your home and looked in your refrigerator, what would I find?

You would find a good mix of food! I have veggie burgers, chicken, brats, fresh vegetables, milk, juice, gogurt, diet coke, creamer (a must!) and lots of condiments.

What did you want to be when you were 12 years old?

A doctor.

Do you install toilet paper so that you pull from the top or the bottom of the roll?

Top of the roll…always!

If you were a tree, what would you be?

A maple, I love the shape of the leaves!

What was the last book you read?

Motor Mouth by Janet Evanovich, thanks to Lauren, I am totally addicted to this author!

If you could choose to be any food, what would it be?

Homemade macaroni and cheese…warm, cheesy, gooey yumminess!

No comments: